Providing Customized Legal Solutions Since 1979

Counsel For Conservatorships

A conservatorship becomes necessary when someone is no longer able to handle his or her own financial or personal matters. Upon petitioning the court, a person can be appointed to act on behalf of an incapacitated adult and the appointment is called a probate conservatorship.

At Meissner Joseph Ruggles, Inc., our team of attorneys understands the emotional nature of conservatorships. Since 1979, we have worked with clients in Sacramento and elsewhere in California to assist them with the delicate process of petitioning the court for a conservatorship or guardianship.

Some of the concerns we handle include:

  • Conservatorships of the person
  • Conservatorships of the estate
  • Temporary conservatorships
  • Limited conservatorships

We do not represent clients in LPS conservatorships for the gravely disabled. If you are creating an estate plan, we can help you plan for your future in case a conservatorship is necessary for you.


We also represent clients in guardianship matters. If a minor inherits money from a deceased parent or other family member, we can assist with the appointment of a guardian of the estate to manage that money until the minor turns 18. We also represent parties in guardianships of the person.

Learn How We Can Help You With Conservatorships

It is not easy to consider seeking a conservatorship or guardianship for someone you love. However, our team of lawyers can offer guidance and advice for this difficult decision. When the time has come, call 916-282-5033 or send us an email to request an initial consultation.